Religion in the USA... interesting....

Is this article the reason why we see alot of hateful, disrespectful and rude bashing comments under the Anon button here!?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-03-09-american-religion-ARIS_N.htm

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 10:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hi, No ANON buttonHere. I am being a snot, but if I were to write a post and someone made a comment, good or bad, I want them to have the gomads to let me know who they are, so we can argue in style.Grams
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 3:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I read a similar story in the Buffalo News a few days ago, they didn't go into that much detail, theirs was more focused on the the drop of Christian (all included) followers and the rise of non-religions, like atheist and agnostics.

a very good read though, thanx :). It puts into light the other article I read..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:33 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• http://www.buffalonews.com/nationalworld/national/story/601732.html

heres the link from the Buffalo news.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I didn't go on to read the entire thing since I have a floor that needs mopping, lol. I'm sure Chrisitanity is down in numbers but they really seemed to mention just two religions within the Christian faith, instead of Christianity as a whole. I claim to be a Christian but I don't claim a religion. I know I'm not the only one...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Wow. Freedom of speech aside that is on the verge of being slanderous. That author even seems to have distain for the fallen Pagan/Wiccan solider. "where the Pentagon now allows Wiccans' five-pointed-star symbol to be used on veterans' gravestones. " The key word "allows". Really? Even with something as personal as headstones are being judged!!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• whoooh, I must have skimmed to fast and missed that part, I skimmed it and looked at the figures at the bottom... now I just went back and re read it... I see what you mean now..
    Thanx Pnwmom for pointing that part out.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think if you read the article the Author is trying to find blame for the outcome of this survey... IMO...
    Maybe it is just the way this person comes off...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Also do you ladies think that articles like this one are reasons behind the bashing Anon button loving others?
    As I posted in the OP...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• So, OP, you think anyone who's "disrespectuf and rude" must not be of the same faith you are, I take it?
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No... but you too have to admit that when a touchy subject on Religion comes up you get a lot of anons whom claim (thou- not proven) to be Christian with rude/bashing comments...
     Anyone can hit that anon button and hide... but if you are going to speak your mind why hide to do it... ?

Why not just show yourself and stand up for your beliefs no matter what they are?

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009