job question..

Ok, so i have worked in 2 different banks before. I havn't worked in one since 06. I do miss the banking industry because i was actually good at it. But on another level i know that a big reason i want to go back is because of the benefits. Where i work now i have no insurance or anything. And with the bank i would and be able to get it for my kids cheaper that individual insurance. I have a 8 month old and am pregnant. I have an interview this afternoon with a bank. Is that a wrong reason to want to go back? Is that greedy or selfish since i do already have a job. In my mind i am only trying to provide what is best for my family and i know i would do a good job for the bank. But i am worried about what to say when they ask me why i am wanting to leave my current position. There is nothing wrong with my job right now. i work for my family and basically i need the benefits. What should i say to that question and am i wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Just tell the person you're interviewing with that you just really enjoy working in the banking industry, that you feel you can bring experience, professionalism, and excellent customer service to the job. In other words keep positive, keep the focus on the job requirements, why you're the best person for the job...sell it! If you sell it well, the "perks/benefits" will be your reward! :o)

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with keeping your employment options and opportunities open and doing the absolute best for your family! I think we've all seen how employers no longer value their employees--it's every man (and woman) for themselves!

Good luck! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Heck no, you will need insurance. You should have done that before you got pg again. There is nothing wrong with changeing jobs for a better one. Te;; them the truth. Your job does not offer insurance. Anyone who belittles someone trying to provide for their family is nuts
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Providing better security for your family shows that you're motivated to be there.....and stay there. What's wrong with that? Benefits like insurance help keep employees and lower the turnover rate.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2009