Pointing a finger...

This is why people of other faiths get upset with the Christian sec...
Instead of looking at all avenues as to what is going on, this Church points a finger at one religion...

Now right or wrong!?

http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/3979/Pagans_condemn__ignorant__church.html

To me it is being narrow minded and walking thru life with blinders on... and yes pure Ingornace ...

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 10:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I had to look up the link, read about the police being called, etc. Now, how that church could be linking the Pagan belief is beyond me. Masons, Eastern Star, and Shriners, which I used to be a member of are not Pagan. I was Eastern Star, my ex was a Shriner. They do not get involved with such Stuff. They are a secret organization...they are Christain. My ex was Baptist

Mason got there term from the Bible, Old Testament, to be exact.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 3:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think that anything non-Christian can be seen as pagan to some. They don't know who's doing it but don't want to believe a brother or sister in their faith did something like that. To some, if it isn't Chrisitan, it's pagan. My point it, it seems really broad. I don't think they were being specific in who they were blaming.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

•  But this Deacon is pointing to 'Pagans" wither or not it's one sec of Paganism or not he is still assuming it was...
     So to me that is still pointing a finger at someone or thing without any clear proof that it is that one or thing...
     Anyone can create those types of disturbing things being left at the church, so why atuomaticly assume a certain type of reglion/sec of a religion or lack there of...?

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:38 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• ITA with you.

NOT sticking up for him in anyway...I am just wondering is he making an ignorant statement and not understanding that Pagans are not just any "person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim" like in a dictionary type meaning. I was raised with "pagans" used in that definition. Again not sticking up for him. :)
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:42 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• :) I am agreeing with the OP BTW.

I was typing my post and hadn't seen the others :).
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• IMO...it sounds like the actions were probably of someone that practices the same religion or something similar. It sounds personal.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• IMO...it sounds like the actions were probably of someone that practices the same religion or something similar. It sounds personal.  That is what I was thinking also...  I hope that this person is caught (doesn't matter their religion) but for the sake of others ... there has been a lot of incidents at churches lately ...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• None of what was described is the work of Pagans. That is someone that is more than likely a memeber or a former member of the congregation. From what is described that is the work of someone who knows the inner workings of that church and that is not a Pagan. I hope the local Pagans remain steadfast. If the the accusations keep up without the local authorities searching for who is the real culprit then the Pagans should seek legal council to protect themselves from slander.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

•      I just have to add, A Deacon being ignorant and even saying "pagan-like" in a general/uneducated way is wrong simply because if his followers hear someone they meet is Pagan...it is VERY likely they will take it out on that person  and it is possible that they will naively try to retaliate on innocent people.

I think this stuff happens frequently.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• actually sounds more like Mason work, with the eye.. and they can be of any religion. That's why it's on our dollar bill.. because there were I believe 3 known Masons that helped write the constitution. However that doesn't make them Pagan.. it could just as well be a Christian.. as I said, they aren't are any peticular religion... it could also be a Christian turned Satanist. WHICH IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM PAGANISM.. they turn the penticle upside down, and they also can use the cross upside down.. which means the are the evil of said religions.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2009