Carseat??

My DD is 4 years old and weighs about 42 lbs. What kind of carseat does she need to be in? Right now she has a Britax Marathon but the weight limit is only 40lbs. So we have to buy a new one... Is she ready for a booster seat? I have a feeling that she still needs a 5-point harness. What is your 4 year old in and can anyone recommend a good car seat for her weight? One that goes to 65-100?

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids were in boosters by that age
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You are right, she is safest in a five point harness. Here is some info for you.

There are only three seats on the market currently which harness to 80lbs - the Britax Regent, the Britax Frontier and the Sunshine Kids Radian80.

http://www.kyledavidmiller.org/pages/4211/Car_Seat_Safety:_5-point_Harness_is_Safest.htm
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yeah, I was gonna try to have her in a 5point for as long as I could. Possibly until 6-7?
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The carseats on that website are 5-point harness until 80 lbs. My 8 year old only weights 54, so I think that these seats would be perfect for this. I think it's great that you are so concerned. Many parents simply think it's not a big deal.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I thought the Britax Marathon went up to 65 pounds. The Britax Roundabout is the one that only goes to 40. You might want to double check before you invest in a new seat.
    BraniOut

Answer by BraniOut at 11:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 also have a 5 pt harness unfortunately they only go up to 65lbs. after that it can be used as a booster until 100 lbs. After that it can be used as a backless booster. DS has one and absolutely loves it. Also, they a pretty affordable at under $200. They can be purchased at Babies R Us, Target, Walmart. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My 4 year old is in a booster. However, my 3 year old is in an Apex65. The boys have always been comfortable in those. They have them for under $100 at Big Lots, they harness up to 65lbs and belt positioning booster to 100lbs.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009