Do any of you mothers have advice on children with atopic dermatitits?

I have been to a bunch of doctors tried a shit load of diffrent things and I was just wondering what some of you might have went through if you have a child with skin problems.....any input or information will be quite helpful THANKS

BBKMommy

Asked by BBKMommy at 10:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Health

• My oldest has a nickel allergy and eczema. Her dad has eczema. I had been to doctors and fussed, prayed, lost sleep, etc. Finally, what worked for us is, Cheer dye free, scent free laundry detergent. We also use cetaphil soap and lotion. They still have eczema just not as bad. I hear ceravae is great too. As far as the nicklel allergy she has apparently outgrown that, but for a while I had to cover all the nickel on her pants with another piece of cloth.

The docs always gave us a cortisone cream too, that helped the rashes go away but the cetaphil helped keep it away. It comes in liquid and bar soap. It comes in cream and lotion and use hypoallergenic laundry soap. Good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My guy is 15 months and when he was a couple of months old, he had a very small patch of eczema (the catch all phrase for this stuff) on his arm. It just wouldn't get better. Then, when he was about 10 months old, he broke out in a horrible rash from head to but. His little face looked like he had road rash and his back was horrendous. We took him to Dermatologist and they put him on a steroid ointment, Desonide. It cleared up within a week. We aren't sure what triggered it. The doc. said that it can be something as simple as a change in weather or being outside in the cold and coming inside and getting sweaty from being bundled up. We use Dove sensitive skin soap on him, wash clothes in "free" detergents and don't use lotion on him. He seems to be sensitive to glycerin. Whenever there seems to be a small flare up, we treat it with a bit of Desonide and all has been fine (keeping fingers crossed). Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2009