Bringing premade formula while traveling by plane....

Does anyone know if you're allowed to bring premade formula through security? I think this would be the easiest way to go. I didn't realize how stressful it would be trying to pack and plan for a trip with the baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can, but you have to make sure and let them know you have it. If you go through security and don't tell them you have it, they pull you out of line and search you and your bags and check for chemicals in the formula.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i dont think so i think all you can bring is a sealed canister of the powder you cant even take a bottle of water threw security ... i can ask my husband he works for the airport right now
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes, you can bring liquids (unlimited) for a baby. (Even on international flights). We brought apple juice, baby food, etc. However, make sure you have all your liquids in one area (including pureed baby food...it is considered a gel). Pull it out before you go through security and show it to them. Also, I just brought the powdered formula when we traveled and I bought a bottle of water and a cup of steaming water at a coffee shop (so I could mix the temperatures to make it warm) on the other side of security. It worked well for me but if you end up without enough time (security can take a long time at certain airports) you might not have time to stop before boarding. They'll give you cold water on the plane but until you take off, you can't get hot water. (and really - you need the bottle for take off more than anything).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• my husband said yes you can but to call the airport and ask them how much you can bring because every airport is diffferent
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I always just took several bottles of water and a can of formula and never had a problem with it. You can buy those canisters that have the slots for premeasured amounts too and use that.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009