why is my son drinking so much?

my son is 15month old today. and the past week and a half he has been drinking and peeing more than a drunk man. he drinks 4 sippies with jucie and water mix. these sippies hold 11 ounces. and 5 sippies full of milk. if i dont give it to him he just screams and keeps throwing his sippie around. is this normal, and how much should he really be drinking?

mybabychunk

Asked by mybabychunk at 10:57 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would only give him water for a bit to see if he is really thirsty (in which case he is still drinking it) or just drinking cause it tastes good. If it is just for the juice and milk, I would try to cut him down a bit.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My son is the same way! I figure that it won't kill him.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 11:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• If it is recent, you might want to call the doctor. Sometimes extreme thirst can be a signal of other issues (kidneys, UTI, etc.) It is much more likely he just likes the milk and juice but I'd call the doc just in case.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2009