Question for mom's who's babies didn't crawl by a year old.

My DD is almost a year and she will slowly scoot on her bum to get where she needs to. She will stand if I stand her, with something to hold onto, but won't pull herself up. I will leave her toys out of reach and encourage her. Her older brother and sister will try to give her whatever she is fussing for. I have no problem with her not crawling or walking just yet but when I posted a questions last night to see if anyone else had a lazy baby I was told to talk to her dr and such. I'm not worried about her. She seems healthy and is starting to talk and show's plenty of other developmental skills.
Did anyone else have a late crawler, walker? If so we're you concerned about it or did you just go with the flow?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Crawling in itself is not a milestone..plenty of kids never crawl at all, they go straight to walking. Its nothing to be worried about.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My nephew did not crawl or walk until he was 14 months. He just had no interest. We were never concerned about him. At about a year he started liking to walk, while holding hands, but didn't let go for a couple months. I wouldn't worry for another few months. Go with your gut!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My daughter didn't learn how to crawl until she was about 13 months. I was very concerned because, she had a lot of other developmental delays. But then if I put everything in perspective she wasn't a "normal" baby. We were hospitalized numerous amounts of times, so that could've added to the delay as well. She also has medical problems which can cause her to have a more difficult time in learning. She finally started walking at 17 months of age. They were going to perform another MRI once she turned 18 months old if she wasn't walking by then. But she proved all of us wrong! She has been on the go ever since!! Just very clumsy, and she is 3!! If your not worried about it, then their is no reason for concern if their isn't any reason for it. If she is up with all of her peers on other things I would just let her do what she wants to do! She will learn in time!

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i would say give her lots of belly time. my brothers oldest didnt walk til 15 months. i forget when she crawled but they said they realized they never put her on her belly. they sat her on her butt and she couldnt get turned around. might help.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009