Who here loves their MIL?

Or am I some strange anomoly on this site? I really LOVE my MIL. She is like my second mom. I called the other day and my FIL answered the phone and said, "Your daughter in law is on the phone" and you know how my MIL responded? She said, "my DAUGHTER is on the phone." My MIL and I have a wonderful relationship.

Even better, my mom and my MIL get along! Holidays and vacations and family reunions are wonderful because we all get to spend time together and laugh. When she comes for a visit, she will watch our kids so my husband and I can have a date night. When we lived closer together she would take one of our kids and keep them overnight so that we could give the other 1 on 1 attention (we only had 2 kids at the time). She would pick the older kids up from gymnastics and take them to her place for dinner once a week so I could rest. I loved it! I wish we lived closer again.

So, who here really loves their MIL?

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 11:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I adore my mother in law. She has known me most of my life. We have always gotten along very well. And when I started dating my husband she couldn't have been happier. I talk to her at least twice a day. My husband has an amazing relationship with her too. It's really sad to me when a wife is so selfish that she wants him to cut those ties.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• That's good you love your mil because some of us don't like ours or get along with them. I really don't get alone with mind and sometimes I can stand her but I deal with her because it's my hubby's mom/.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i have to say its real nice to see a positive post about MILS I love my MIL and think its so disrepectfull to see people say they hate theirs although I don't know the situation I think that its just more classy to hold your head up and walk away after all she did give birth to your husband and woman should respect that ....kudos to this post

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I love my MIL although we don't necessairly see eye to eye all the time. It hasen't strained our relationship. Her and my mom get along aswell and we share christmas together and often get together for other events throughout the year.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I love her. I just dont like her very much sometimes.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I do..though right now idk what is wrong with me b/c everything she does lately gets on my nerves. I mean she does everything I ask and follows my rules to the letter. I blame it on hormones b/c really she is great.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I am so jealous of you!!! My in-laws are more like out laws, always going to jail for drugs….
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 11:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I love my SMIL - she's great :) We go out for lunch, coffee, dinners, shopping etc - she's kind of like an "older girlfriend". When we remodeled our house 2 yrs ago SMIL (along w/my Mom) went shopping w/me to pick out stuff for the house (DH isn't into shopping). My parents and FIL/SMIL get along really well. They were on vaca one yr when my parents came down to visit and the IL's offered up their house to my parents. Now my actual MIL - she's a different story - the kids & I have no contact w/her and that's FINE by me.
    Fooph121780

Answer by Fooph121780 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You're a very very lucky woman and it sounds like you know that. It takes a special woman to be a good mother in law but especially to a woman.
    I don't hate my hubby's step Mom (she raised him), like a lot of women do, but we're not "friends" either.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I love my MIL just as my own mom too! She does so much for me and is awesome. Always supporting me in all I decide to do, even if my opinions are not her own. She and my mom are like best friends too which is cool.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2009