Teething and not even 3 months yet???

My Baby Girl will be 3 months on the 16th. She has been drooling, chewing on anything she can get to her mouth, very fussy and irritable. Does this sound right...I think she is a little young. Doctor said she is already at the begining stages of teething.

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be. I would look back and see when you got your first teeth, she will probably follow suite.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My son cut his first tooth at 3 months of age, so yes it's possible
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My husbands cousin was born with one tooth. My daughter started the first stages of cutting teeth when she was about 10 weeks old. She didn't get her first tooth for another 6 weeks though. We were told that it could take up to 4 months to see an actual tooth after she started teething. So she may not get that tooth till closer to 7 months. It happens just as much that they start this early as it happens that they don't get their first until after 1 year. My daughter is now 13 months and every one of her teeth has at least shown the little white cap once or twice.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• She could absolutely be teething, but that tooth may not pop for another 2 or 3 months...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My son started that at 2 months and got the first tooth at 4 months. Had them all by 9 months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My boys had teeth by 3 months. My girls did not teethe until about 7 months. I have a neice who is 15 months and still no teeth. Every child is different. I think it could absolutely be teeth. In fact, I would probably approach it that way. Good luck... Oh yeah, and one of my boys even had 2 sets of baby teeth. Talk about a shocker!! lol
    toadallyfroggy

Answer by toadallyfroggy at 12:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My baby is going through the same thing right now. He is drooling and constantly putting his hand into his mouth. He will be 3 months on the 18th. The doctor didn't recommend baby orajel at all. He told us to give him tylenol and that has helped him. We also bought him a teething ring.
    ixadorexpink

Answer by ixadorexpink at 12:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009