• In the Spotlight:

how long the c-section wound suppose to heal??

my C section already 5 mos old and I still felt the tingleling(=( pain once awhile, when I walk ,bend .
Somebody I known said that it took her more than a year !!! Is that true

By the way !I wish I known this b4 :
A couple of day at home from the hosital the incision oozed out blood is okay,and somer case seriously like bruises on over stomach or thigh are okay too .Acording to my doctor (After it cost me a trip to ER charged me ~1,000.) because the blood bleed out,and find some outlet to go before it can heal

Milou198

Asked by Milou198 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had 3 c sections and in my experience it did take me a whole year to be "completely" healed. Now that does not mean I hurt or felt discomfort for the entire year but there were time that I would still feel a tingle or tug now and then. My recovery was alot shorter with each c section I had. My last was on in Sept 07 and I would say I was fully recovered within 4 to 5 months. Everyone is different, but if this is your first, expect a little longer recovery time. Hope this helps.
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• my friend told me her dr said about a year for it to be completely healed just to be on the safe side
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2009