isnt cheating a type of abuse?

If domestic violence (hitting) is abuse (obviously) then why isnt cheating considered the same. I think it would be great to have a web-site for those who've been caught hitting/cheating be posted so we all can see who the abusive lying cheating so&so are... we all have been a victom of this at one time or another, of course im just sounding off...but its a nice thought anyways...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I disagree. I think people usually cheat because of flaws in their relationship. Cheating isn't about wielding power, in most cases. Abuse is. Good people cheat in bad relationships sometimes. It doesn't automatically make someone a bad person, or deserving of public shame.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well the thing is, is that "Cheating" is usually a symptom of a bigger problem. Yes, sometimes people are just assholes and refuse to do the whole monogamy aspect of marriage, but in alot of those instances there are other problems as well. There are many forms of abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and verbal abuse. It also depends on a persons view of "cheating" some people see their spouses looking at nudie pics a form of cheating.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would LOVE to post a pic of my (still married, because he wont sign the divorce papers) dear hubby & his newest Woopie that he is parading proudly all around town. but yet he wont sign the divorce papers....go figure...& what the he//!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• And in addition to what others said, how would you know if the site was truthful or not? Too many people lie in this world.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• What ever the reasons are for cheating, it still hurts the other person & its wrong!!! You bet it abusive, because it distroys the other persons self-esteem. If you want someone else....let the other person go! Its not have your cake & eat the ice cream too! They want their moment of fame...you bet I'd give it too them! Cheaters are just as abusive as the physical...disrespect is disrespect...maybe on different levels & you may wear it on the inside instead of the outside...but its still abuse! Some never recover from a cheaters abuse...that is NOT ok regardless of the excuse! YES EXCUSE!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think it could be under emotional abuse. It damages the person emotionally. . .therefore..abuse. Or at least thats how i felt when my DF cheated on me
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes, cheating is abuse when it is done constantly! I believe that people make mistakes but there are those type of people that constsntly cheat and have no regard for their spouse/partner. In my opinion, it is the worst/most scarring/hurtful kind of abuse in a relationship! They are not hitting or shouting or name calling but actions speak louder than words!
    ericadrian

Answer by ericadrian at 12:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I could see cheating as a form of mental abuse, it can be a traumatic event for the person being cheated on. It brings on all kinds of insecurities and lowered self esteem. How many men blame their spouse for their reason to cheating on them?! Cheating can also ruin future relationships for the "victim", like trust issues, etc.
    In married couples, think of all the events that could follow an infidelity... nasty divorces, etc.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• well from experience to me i think that it is very wrong my husband cheated on me while i was five months pregnant with our first little girl and now im pregnant with our second little girl and im so scared its going to happen again
    sam0816

Answer by sam0816 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009