My daughter has RSV. What all can I do to help her feel better?

My daughter is almost 3years old and yesterday I found out she has RSV and pneumonia. She's coughing so much and i'm having issues keeping her temp down. I really need some help. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

ilovemystarr

Asked by ilovemystarr at 12:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Health

• Have you tried motrin and tylenol? Also, a humidifier? Giving her lots of her favorite fluids? Holding her? Watching her favorite shows or doing soem of her fav activites that don't require a lot of movement/exertion?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Do u have a breathing machine ? I know when my daughter had it when she was little I gave her breathing treatments . Doctor should have prescribed you ! Also try a humidifyer or those wall vapor plug in things .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My 4 1/2 yr. old has it also...we just found out 2 days ago. They did not prescribe us a breathing machine as his is a mild case. Definitely push the fluids, humidifer and what the above people said...
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 12:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• you can alternate tylenol and motrin.....like every hour or something like that...keep checking it every 30 mins if u cant get it to go down then take her to the er.....if she is congested get some mucinex....but before u go to the store turn the water on in the bathtup to hot and let the shower run to steem up the room and that will help her breath a bit easier..its a faster way of going then using the humidifier....if she seems to be getting worse u need to take her to the er and make them do something for her...also if she dont eat dont force her..the best thiing is fluids get some pedalite or like pedalite popcicles or gatorade propel is a good way to go to
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 12:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My son was 1 when he was taken to the ER with RSV. He also had double pneumonia. He was on oxygen for a couple of days. He had an IV until the 3rd day and then ate a meal before being discharged. The nurses told me that RSV is only dangerous in very little babies and it was rare to have an older child with severe symptoms. But we all get RSV and it usually passes by without much problem. Control the fever and keep her temp down. Give pedialite and just keep her comfortable.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 1:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2009