What age do kids start to hold their heads up completely, crawling, grabbing things, etc? I know every child is different but about the ages they begin to do these things.

kalel08

Asked by kalel08 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started to hold hid head up pretty straight at 2.5 months fully at 4 months. He started to hold toys that were put in his hand at 4 months. Hes 5 months now and is always reaching for toys. He loves to be on his tummy he kicks his legs strong and pushes himself up high.
    pregojen

Answer by pregojen at 4:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2008

• Usually this starts at about 2-3 months, barely picking their head, up grabbing at things, etc. Then about 4-5 months they start lifting head up high, trying to crawl, grabbing things, etc. As for as the actual crawling the baby may not crawl at all. I knew a kid that never crawled. He went straight from scooting to walking early. Your baby will do it on thing at its right time.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 2:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2008

• my daughter started holding her head up without any help from me around 4 months and just know at almost 8 months is trying to crawl. No two kids are the same though.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 2:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2008

• i had alot of these questions too... i signed up to babycenter.com you put it your childs age and it sends you a news letter everyweek for your child (also when your pregnant) and tells you what should be going on around that time. it's very interesting!
    txchick1026

Answer by txchick1026 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2008