Can't stop thinking about it!!

Last night my husband asked me What if we can't have children? I have been thinking about it nonstop now!! I got off bc in Oct and I know it's too soon to even start thinking like that but it's like everyone around us is getting pregnant!! Anyone else thinking like this?

brookelynn2609

Asked by brookelynn2609 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I thought that way. But I was just patient and let it happen when my body was ready. It took 6 1/2 years for my son. I know it doesn't help to tell you that. But it only took 3 months for my daughter. Good luck and don't think too much of it. I thought I couldn't have children either but it happened.
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yea I feel as if I can't have children all the time, but I so hope that is not true. My docs say that I'm fine, but somedays I just don't know. It's so frustrating after the first 5 months of trying. I wish you ton and tons of baby duck. Good luck.
    SlimsWifey

Answer by SlimsWifey at 3:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Try not to be hard on yourself, MY husband and I tried for 7 months. I guess the best advice I can give you is to relax, enjoy this time with your hubby. Don't put to much pressure on yourselves. I have no idea what your ages are. But, just know a normal couple can take up to a year. Just give yourself time, have fun and try to focus on other things. I hope that this helps!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I stopped my bc after many years & figured it would take a couple months. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 months went by & it really sucked. You think: what's wrong with me, with him, with us?

I thought I would go to the doctor & ask for a referral to a fertility specialist cause my husband & I are young, healthy adults & there must be something wrong.

I went to the doctor in June. He told me they don't refer women to fs until they've been trying for at least a year. He told me to come back in August & he would give me a referral. The fs would contact me a week or 2 after that to schedule an appt..

Well sweetie, my husband is in the military & was deploying to Iraq in September. When the doctor told me all of this I cried and cried. I told my husband and we decided to stop "trying" and start "trying" when he came back.

I was pregnant a couple weeks later!

Easier said than done but don't think about it...just relax sweetie...
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 3:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I wouldnt worry to much it takes some longer than others. It took us 6 months and both of us are young and take good care of ourselves. If it still is not happening after 15 months or so I would talk to the doctor about it. Getting pregnant takes alot of chance really. You have to be ovulating at the right time and do it at the exact time. Just relax. I caculated my peak times and we went at it like crazy, and it still took a while. Dont worry and stay postitive! Good luck
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 4:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I've been trying since october too. Its frustrating as hell. I hope this month is the month! Good luck.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Before successfully conceiving the twins on IVF cycle #5, I was practically convinced that my body was completely screwed up and I would never get pregnant. I had good reason, because I had no egg fertilization in prior attempts that actually made it to retrieval. After switching clinics, changing meds, and getting on my knees to pray, I finally had eggs fertilize. Two made it to day five and were transferred back to me. Those two are now three years old and awesome little boys.

It's normal to go through the thoughts you are now. It's scary to think about. Chances are that someday you will be the parents you dream of becoming. The journey is a little longer for some of us, but it can make the destination that much sweeter. Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009