plug?

do u have to call your doctor if you lost your plug? - Even if your not 100% sure it was your plug? -

Last night i posted that im 36 weeks pregnant - Im measuring 40 weeks - Im 1cm dilated & i went to the bathroom, pee'd & wiped - & there was this clear, mucus, booger like discharge with a yellow tint to it - Do you think thats my plug?...

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes that is part of your plug, most women don't lose it all at once. I would not bother calling the doc. When you loose your plug has not bearing on when you will go into labor. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• no i had the same thing my ddr said that was normal discharge he said only worry or anything if it is tinted red or brown
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• it would be best to call ur doctor.....it could be because u are 1 cm dialated and the plug usually comes out when ur getting ready to go into labor
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 12:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• does everybody's plug have a tint of red or brown?
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• from what my dr told me it is likely yes that everyone will i started losing mine just recently like 2 days ago lol and i just had a few spots of blood in it ... i mean i would call the dr tho just to double check
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• the dr isnt going to do anything but tell you how to spot signs of labor, he isnt going to check you unless you really push it and even then maybe not. Just relax, try to stay at home as soon as possible after labor starts, trust me it is uncomfortable as hell having nurses boss you around and checking your dilation in the middle of contractions. There is no need to call or go in just over a plug.
    Anonymous

• take a look at your medical history while pregnant. i lost my plug all day during the birthday of my 1st child and i didnt tell anyone because i didnt want to be rushed to the hospital and have both of my kids with the same birthday!! it was no problem but always use your common sense!
    greenpeace65

Answer by greenpeace65 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No, you don't need to call the doc, unless for some reason they said that you should. It's not much of an indicator of when you'll go into labor. And yes, it is normal for it to be red or brown tinged. That's just some blood, which is normal. Not everyone has it, but it's normal if you do.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2009