What do you think of this quote?

bipartisanship "is a fiction of politics. It's an idea people work toward, but the reality is something else."

Do you agree or disagree?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 12:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, has there EVER been a state of true bipartisanship?

I kindof agree-it is a goal to work towards-but can it ever really be achieved?
    Anonymous

• I think that bipartisanship is an ideal that will never be achieved, as politics is all about power.

Anonymous

• i think this is a bunch of crap.
    Anonymous

• Care to elaborate anon 9:23?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't think very many politicians work toward being bi-partisanship.
    dancenmomi

Answer by dancenmomi at 1:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think the bi-partisanship thing is cr** because it amounts to the theory that a two party system is ideal, and both parties should work together. Not one person is truly represented, nor one group.

The two party system is going to be the downfall of the whole thing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I pretty much it is the same as world peace. Something to work towards but it may never be reached.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 1:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well I'd like to believe bipartisanship is possible, but I think the quote is a reflection of today's politics.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 1:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't think it will ever happen..the reason there are divisions are because one belief is vastly different in most cases than the other...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think you really don't like Steele.

But it's true. We're not as bad as the UK, where voting against your party will cost you your job, but people are real quick to vote against someone who doesn't vote party line the majority of the time. You can talk about bipartisanship all you want, but some things, there just is no compromise, and others, the only way you can compromise is by watering things down so much they become useless to everyone.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2009