how can i get my son to pee in the potty?

is there an 'easy' way to potty train? lucas is about to be 2 and he wont even let me sit him on his potty! i made sure not to get anything that looks like he should play with it, just a character - thomas the train - that he likes on it .. nothing fancy. i really thought that would help! any suggestions on how to do this?? (hope i put this ? in the right area, lol)

BamaMommie0329

Asked by BamaMommie0329 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I BRIBED MY SON.. TO GET HIM STARTED.. I GAVE HIM A DOLLAR EVERYTIME HE WENT TO THE POTTYY. AND ONCE HE WAS DOIN IT A LOT I TOLD HIM ILL BY YOU A NEW MOVIE EVERY FRIDAY IF YOU USE THE POTTY ALL WEEK..AND NOW HE JUST GOES BY HIMSELF.. I DONT PAY HIM ANYMORE OR BUY HIM MOVIES.. I TOLD HIM BIG BOY JUST HAVE TO DO IT..
    ASHLEY1436

Answer by ASHLEY1436 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Potty Train By 2!

cuddlemonkeez

Answer by cuddlemonkeez at 1:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• make a potty training calendar. give him a sticker for his chart and one for himself to wear each time he goes. For every five stickers on the chart he can have some other reward (a tiny piece of candy?) maybe give up on the floor potty and try using a potty seat on the toilet instead. One Step Ahead has a soft potty seat with a step and handles that my daughter really likes. If he is coordinated enough to "aim", let him stand up to pee. draw a target or a picture of a favorite cartoon character on tissue paper and let it float in the toilet for him to aim and pee on (should also be good for a laugh). Good luck
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009