My daughter is sick again! For the second time in two weeks

I called her dr this morning and he called in another prescription for her and said if she isnt better by monday he wants to see her. She isnt eating though...she will drink her milk but the nurses said not to give her milk because she has a really nasty cough and that the milk makes it worse and creates more mucus. I am just wondering what you have done and what you think i should do. I give her finger foods to eat what she wants, but im sure she is hungry! She is 10months old.

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 12:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will eat when she is hungry, a child no matter how young will not starve themselves. It's always SOOO much harder on us to see them not eating the amount we are used to them consuming. I would try and give her water, or pedialite, or diluted gatorade to help with hydration and keep her electrolytes up. Food is not as important as hydration when sick. Good luck to you hon, I hope she gets better soon. It's always so hard to see ur little ones sick.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 1:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i am a mother of 4 and have been there too. Drinking and keeping them hydrated is most important. and then they usually eat as they begin to feel better. it is just hard not being able to make them better. if the med is an antibiotic, it tends to kill the good with the bad and seems to lower their resistance so they catch something again more easily. Body ph is important in staying well. We have been taking some new supplements this winter and have not gotten sick with everything that passes around. Look at www.sharethecause.com/hastily  and email me for more info  jmcansler@gmail.com

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 2:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009