Do any of you snore and has your HB/SO complained that it kept him awake?

My SO told me this morning that I kept him awake because I snored! I feel horrible. I feel like women aren't supposed to snore and it is more of a problem that women complain about their partner doing. What is worse, there is nothing you can do about behavior you do when sleeping. I feel like I can't face him tonight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I had the same problem it was so embarrasing. I talked to my doctor about it and he sent me to have a sleep study done it turns out I had sleep apnea and now I use a cpap at night I dont snore and I feel better then I have in years.
    crazymamax5

Answer by crazymamax5 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• my fiance tells me that i snore. but really its just him snoring and waking himself up. i turn the video camera on one night after he fell asleep and i layed in bed. and he kept hiting me telling me to quit snoring. when really it was him. it was funny to watch it the next morning. i know this doesnt help but it is funny. get some of those nose strip things. and sleep on ur side
    Anonymous

• My boyfriend tells me I snore once in a while but he thinks it's cute.. weird I know. I guess every time I do it he kisses me.
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Ha ha I snore every once in awhile when I am very tired or had a hard day but its not as worse as my babys father farting in his sleep really loud and it woke me up. Lol I know TMi but its true.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• my last x left me over it. Turns out I have sleep apnea and use a cpap now to stop it. No more snoring and disturbing anyone

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My DH started telling me that I snore a couple of months ago - I don't know why it just started out of nowhere. At first I was embarrased and I felt bad, but then I told him it was payback for all of the years that he's been snoring so loud that I couldn't fall asleep and was tossing and turning trying to get a few hours in. So he just has to deal with it.

BUT this is after 12 yrs of living together and being married for almost 9 of them.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 1:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I could never wear a mask or anything on my face for that matter. Both of my parents snored, so it's probably hereditary. And nothing I can do about it. He never told me before so if I did snore, he probably slept through it. He snores himself and his ex wife always complained about it. I've NEVER complained about it and when he asked, I told him that it never bothered me at all and even "comforts" me in the middle of the night. It hurt my feelings that he even mentioned it to me that I kept him awake. Especially something that was a problem with his ex wife towards him. I feel bad about it and feel like being a little distant while I work through my hurt feelings.
    Anonymous

• I SNORE TERRIBLY every night all the time! I have gone to two doctors and done a sleep study, but I don't have apnea. There doesn't seem to be a cure for me!! :(

Most of the time my hub is ok, but occassionally, I do keep him awake. I CAN'T STAND IT when he snores, so I give him a lot of credit for putting up with me.

I will go to the doctor again sometime....hopefully one day they can do something for me! I feel awful for anyone who has to sleep near me.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i snore. tell him he will get used to it. my hubby did.
    mrsclt

Answer by mrsclt at 9:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I know my SO is good to me,he playfully complains about my snoring. I snore so bad that I wake my self up some nights!!LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2009