self portraits

why do some people on here take pics of themselves in a mirror? especially a bathroom mirror where you can see their bathroom stuff all over the place? why not just have someone else take the pic for you, if you want to put a pic of yourself up so bad?
idk, i just think it's weird.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! This has crossed my mind too! It seems like it would be easier just to have somebody snap a quick pic of you, but maybe there's some secret IDK about.
    Anonymous

• I have a myspace, and I hate seeing people's pic like that. every couple are ok, but i have a friend on my page that EVERY pic she has is of herself or of her and her hubby and they are taken by her hand. She is prego now and she takes a pic in the mirror too! It just makes me think people with TONS of pics like this are full of themselves. Not all people are but when its every picture...
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 12:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• ok get over it noone said you had to like it and well like me i have noone to take a pic of me my husband is gone al the time geeze cant people not complain about what SOMEONE else does
    Anonymous

• The only time I think it is weird is when a full-grown adult does that all the time. I mean, I expect this from teenagers. But really, those pictures turn out crappy. Get a camera stand! Those things work so much better, and gives you the illusion of not being so in love with yourself. ;)
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• If I really want to take a picture of myself I set my camera on timer so I wont have to take a picture in the mirror. But really it doesnt bother me when other people do it.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 1:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't own a camera--I always use those crappy little disposable things so a camera stand is out of the question. And sometimes there aren't always people around when you want a pic taken! I live by myself with DD and I'm definitely not going up to a random stranger and ask them to take a picture lol

That being said, I've never taken a picture of myself in the mirror. But I definitey understand why someone would!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009