Spinal Meningitis

Ladies I need some info.. I have been looking online but really cant find to much... My cuz an I share a house together with all 9 of our children... Ranging in age 17 down to 5mo. Well we had to rush one of the 5mo twins to ER. He was then sent to a Children's Hospital. The Dr said he had Spinal Meningitis... I have heard that this is contagious... What should we do? We both work outside the home in public places an our children go to public schools? I know we have to keep an eye out to make sure they dont start showing signs of it but what other precautions do we need to take? DO we need to inform the schools or our employers? Please ladies ne help is appreciated...

PawBecca

Asked by PawBecca at 12:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Health

• You know, I would inform them just to be on the safe side, it wouldnt' hurt. There is a vaccination for older kids for meningitis, maybe look into that as well. Meningitis can infect anyone at any age, but it seems to be more "popular" with teenaged kids, like mono, is spread similar
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i had Spinal Meningitis when i was 5 years old. i stayed in the childrens hospital for 5 days and i was so so sick. my brother and sister did not get it. my parents did not get it. my mom stayed at the hospital the whole time that i was in there and my bro and sis had to stay at grandma's. my mom did have to let the school know so if any other kids started showing signs of haveing it. the only thing is that when i got better i cant drink milk. it makes me so sick.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009