how do you find a legitimate at home job?

I have a 4 year old at home and want to stay with him. I would like to make extra cash but I am struggling to find an at home job. Does anyone have any ideas? I do not want to be in sales but other than that, I am pretty open.

mbgrebe

Asked by mbgrebe at 12:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Check out my website...

www.sabrinas-closet.info

There is an ever growing list of home Jobs and businesses, plus coupons and freebies to help you save money in the mean time.

Let me know if you need anything!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You can read about the companies I work with at Make Money Online. Everything posted is free and I test each one personally before listing!

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Take a look at www.tgw247.com  Email me for further info.  jmcansler@gmail.com

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• All you need to do is ask. I can give you a list of legitimate work at home jobs. Many come with a weekly pay check, no start up costs, and the information is even free.
    No Cash Crate scams or MLM pyramid schemes.

Works4Mom.com / StuckAtHomeMom.com was on the evening news, we are a safe trusted work at home website.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• When it came time for me to search for a way to earn income at home, I was completely willing, after talking with those representing their businesses, to evaluate whether or not this opportunity would work for my home and lifestyle. Another piece of the decision-making process had to do with the actual women I spoke with. Did what they were sharing make sense? Was what they are doing something would withstand the economic issues? Did they speak with integrity, and did what they share add up? Those things are really important. I was also careful to check out the business on the Better Business Bureau, the company's actual website, and in the publications of those who were said to be recognizing the company's integrity in the business world. If you would like to know more feel free sign in at www.HealthyHome4All.com and I'll give you a call. You just need to know that what you choose is not only reputable, but doable.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 2:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I am a work from home mom and I am partnered with a Wellness company that distributes eco-friendly products. I do not sell. I do receive a check once a month. I do have a website that you could go to if interested......

http://www.iluvwhatido.com/

This company is a member of the Better Business Bureau.

cstewart0402

Answer by cstewart0402 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I work for ChaCha. They stopped hiring about 2 weeks ago, but if you want to read more about them here: ChaCha! Journal Post and leave me a message I can send you a message when they start hiring again. There isn't any selling. You're required to apply, train, and pass a test. From there you are paid to answer questions that people text in to them from their cell phones...it's fun and easy...they do not as for you to pay them any money and they have several methods you can choose from to get paid.

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 8:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I currently sell facial exercise kits on my website.  You can earn 15% of each sale that you refer by joining my affiliate program.

All you have to do is join and you get a unique link/URL that you can put on your blog, your website, post on message boards, and send to friends and family.  When people click your unique link and purchase a kit from my site, you get 15% commission!

Every time someone buys a kit through your link, you will get an email that notifies you.  You'll be paid monthly, and you can always log in to view your earnings.  There are no quotas, no investment, no fees, or anything like that.

You can see the instructions on how to join on my website here: http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/affiliate-program

Good luck!

Carolyn.C

Answer by Carolyn.C at 9:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? Build a list and use that to begin your search. There are legitimate opportunities available in areas such as customer service, telemarketing, virtual assistant, tutoring, transcription, translation, blogging, writing, editing, marketing, nursing, and technical support.

General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009