How do you feel about this?

Ok so I am sitting here answering questions, my little girl is down for a nap, and a police officer knocks on my door. I have no idea why, so i answer it and he is giving me a flyer that says Megan's Law on it, a Sexually Violent Predator is moving into an appartment complex behind my house. Ok first i think that is great that they hand this flyer out to everyone in the area! I never knew they did this! I love it. but i want to move now! i have a new baby well she is 10mnths. but the apartment complex like in on our back yard! Not to mention my hubby is sometimes gone late at night, and is an umpire so starting in the next couple weeks he will be gone a lot! How do you feel about this? Am I just being WAY TOO PARANOID? Please dont be rude, I hate to judge, but this is a serious issue, and im not judging he really did it. and i know that i can live next to them anywhere but knowing is scary...

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 12:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I really feel for you, we have a sexual offender living down the road from us and you can NEVER be to careful when it comes to your children! All you can do is keep an eye out. Have you ever went on the website www.familywatchdog.us it shows all of the offenders in your area and shows some info on some of them. Good luck.

deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 12:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You have a right to be worried but no matter where you move to there is going to be one. You can't live your life in fear.

Anonymous

• id be scared too...
    Anonymous

• u r not i been trying to move too u can trust anyone anymore and he has a record for the yes try looking for another place

Anonymous

• If it were me I would be looking for a new place to live. Either that or making him feel really ostracized by pulling my kids close to me whenever I see him. Do you know what he looks like? If you do I would discretely take a pic of him and put fliers around the area. But that's just me since I have no patience for sexual predators and think they should be treated with contempt.
    Anonymous

• It would depend greatly on the ACTUAL offense.

Honestly though, there are predators everywhere...and most go unreported or don't get caught. Suspect everyone!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes, i do have a picture of him. On the flyer it has a picture. and it just says The subject was convicted of the following Pa crime codes section or the appropriate out of state offense: 3126- indecent assault. it also says that you are not allowed threaten, intimidate, or harass him or criminal prosecutuion can happen

I am very aware of people when i am out because i know not to trust anyone...but knowing for sure that soemone is living around is really scarey! and my neice also walking home from school to my house! that freaks me out even more!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 1:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would be scared too. Move near a school district, they aren't supposed to be within a certain amount of feet from a school!

Good Luck
    SufiMajik

Answer by SufiMajik at 1:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Family Watchdog site is pretty vague on the offense but my state's offender site lists exactly what they did and how old both subjects were at the time. Maybe your state has the same? It might let you rest easier if it's something minor. The guy that lives behind me is on the list but it turns out he was something like 21 and the vic was 17....her parents prob complained and had him charged. If it was actual RAPE it would have said RAPE on the site.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I just looked for kicks and grins, lol. He was 17 and vic was 15 and it was soliciting....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009