Haleigh Cummings: The next media circus?

First it was Caylee Anthony...for MONTHS. Now it's Hayleigh Cummings, her father, and his 17 yo bride. I won't go into just how weird this situation is to me, but I'm sure that's just part of the media's growing fascination with it. Sadly, I see it as becoming Caylee redux. Do you?

LIZARD66

Asked by LIZARD66 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Never heard of her, lol. I'm so sick of watching the news lately!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think that the 17 year old "step-mom" got jealous of the
    attention the father gave to the little girl and had something
    to do with the disappearance. It just sounds odd that she
    was the last to see the girl.
    Usaully random people don't come to a trailor park to
    abduct children. But thats just my opinion.
    The truth is that I'm sure a number of children are
    abducted daily (unfortunate, but true) but we only
    really hear about the white ones.
    Any child abduction is a tragedy and I keep all
    of the children and families in my prayers.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 12:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• bronxcouture: no it isn't just the white kids that get exposure. the little retarded black boy that is lost or whatever got exposure.
    Anonymous

• I have to disagree about it being only white children, The american Idol winner's nephew was plastered over the news. Sadly he didn't make it either.

Or as my SO just put it.. perhaps it's because those are the most craziest cases.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• bronxcoutureView Profile
    Add to Friends
    Send a Message
    View Answers
    I think that the 17 year old "step-mom" got jealous of the
    was the last to see the girl.

I have to agree with you on this. I think she had something to do with it. SHe said she passed a lie detector test but no one has seen it, not even her crib robbin DH. It just sounds fishy. How can you sleep through someone in your house less then 4 feet away? And how come the little boy saw an intruder and she didn't? Also the Father said he locked the backdoor before he left. SHe even said it was locked, but it was wide open and there was no forced entry.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• how in the hell are you going to even be thinking about getting married when you kid is missing. and how is that 17year old going around flaunting that ring she is wearing. it makes me sick. i lost my dd is the mall for about 45 seconds one time and i couldn't even breath, much less be thinking about marriage. i don't even want to hear about what happens to this poor little girl because it is going to be Casey Anthony case  round 2.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The whole thing is weird to me and I too think that lil 17 yo has something to do with it, IMO I think she knew her cousin was a sicko and let him come in and take the little girl but either way if thats what happened I hope Haleigh is found okay (which sadly enough I doubt at this point) and if that 17 yo did anything I hope she gets found out also, and bronxcourtue I agrre with most of what you said except for thats not always true about only the white kids get media attention because here where I live and a child is missing it doesn't matter what color that kids is because either way its ALL over the news
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'm tired of it; I turn on my television to watch real news not gossip or a concentration on one person's life no matter how sad it may be. Instead it focuses on either one child out of btw hundreds that go missing everyday her age, and then when a child is found dead which is also not too uncommon for how long the child’s been missing, there is yet more news and talk. I'm in no way unsympathetic to these families, however I feel people are so focused on just one case when their minds need to open up a little more, they themselves could be living in a neighborhood of a child that's 5 years old and gone missing. Most of the time the media does not cover these cases and these two cases just as in the JonBenét Ramsey case their focus is on a cute little girl and who cares of all the other cute little 5 yr old girls/boys that go missing because they've now got you hooked and it’s all about stirring the pot and ratings.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009