When is the best time to try for a second baby?

I have a boy now who is 18 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Now.

IGood Luck
    SufiMajik

Answer by SufiMajik at 1:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• When you feel that you are ready for another one. Their is NO best time to try for another. We wanted to try for another when our daughter was turning 2, so we did, and had a mc. So we tried again when our daughter turned 3 in December. We got pregnant right away, and I am 16 weeks pregnant! So it is all up to you and your SO. I personally wouldn't of had it any other way. I have spent a lot of time with my daughter, and now I feel this is the perfect age for her to understand what is going on. She already is so happy about the baby!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i think personally that 2 years difference between kids is the best. now my first two were 16 months apart and that was a little to close for comfort but now my youngest is 17 months so we are trying for number 3 and they will be a little over 2 years apart. really it is always up to you and how you feel about your kids being close together. so good luck.
    Alina456

Answer by Alina456 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I am going to have to agree with you Alina456 I also have 16 months between my two boys and i believe we are done! it is a little stressful...i wont say that we are done forever but at least 2-3 years!
    LTLDEB

Answer by LTLDEB at 1:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'd say get going...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• when you want too most wait till the first is out of diapers that way it is easier on you
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 1:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I say get going. for me I have 19 siblings. (not kidding) and we are all close in age going down the line of us anyways. My older brother and younger sister are only a year older and a year younger than me. But we are close! my oldest sister and youngest brother arent that close with eachother.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i agree with the get going... i started trying when my son was 15 months old and i got pregnant but miscarried then i did again when he was 18 months...i got pregnant when my son was 21 months and this time it worked and i cant wait tell my baby is here
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• When you are ready for it.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2009