I have to attend a black tie function in AZ at the end of this month.

What the hell does that mean, really? Have any suggestions on what to wear?
(no making fun, Aubrey)

Fiveofakind2

Asked by Fiveofakind2 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You will want to wear a dress...maybe something black and formal with some sparkly jewelry.
    shalizjohn24

Answer by shalizjohn24 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Formal...like men wear tuxes. I have gone to a couple black tie events and I buy my dresses at Macy's. They have a great selection
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Black tie is formal wear. A dress for you and suit and tie for your husband. If you don't like dresses you can always call and find out if a dressy pant suit is appropriate for the occasion. This is a great opportunity though for you to go out and buy the little black dress you've been eyeing in the store window.LOL I hope you have fun.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=235907&CategoryID=35254

Like that for example

Read this....I know some people may think it's dumb but they have great tips

http://www.ehow.com/how_1463_dress-black-tie.html
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think you know what black tie means. I know you know what black tie means.

If I were you and had your body, I would buy a formal gown but go really sassy. I would pick a bold color. I think I've seen a pic of you wearing purple and the color looked really good on you. maybe even a shorter dress. Hmmmmmm....this sounds like fun.
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 1:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• It's not a 'black and white' ball, is it? I think the black and white ball has specifics...
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 1:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You can never go wrong with black dress and great shoes. Nordstrom's, Macy's or any dept store will have what you need. Just find a dress that you feel comfortable in... if you feel good then you will look good
    illoyd829

Answer by illoyd829 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes, it is black and white. So, do I have to wear a white dress? Can I wear a black dress?

Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Wear a fab-u black dress with hawt red lacies underneath. Bow-chicka-wow-wow.
    And don't forget the sexy shooz... but make sure you can dance in them.
    Abomnablesnogrl

Answer by Abomnablesnogrl at 2:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have a darling brown silk evening gown you could borrow. What size are you?

(I bit my tongue)
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 5:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009