To those who attend church regularly

Do you tithe? And if so how much do you.

lilnivy

Asked by lilnivy at 1:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I tithe minimum of 10%.. and I say minimum because if and when I'm blessed to tithe more i do. But I also give beyond the tithe in offerings.... the amount varies.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes i also do 10% and give a little offering too..

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• yes we tithe what we can and we tithe in our service of time.

You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully." 2 corinthians 9:7 NLT
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 1:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes/10% weekly
    Anonymous

• Another really good verse on this is Malachi 3:10- "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse,that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of Heaven, and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." We, also tithe 10%. I knew a couple in the church we used to attend. An older couple, who would tithe 90% of their income,and trust God to bless the 10%. Guess what happened? They NEVER EVER ONCE wanted for anything! God always provided for them,and in fact,they had nicer things than ones who only tithed 10%. They lived that verse of scripture.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No, but we as Jehovah's Witnesses do donate, since Tithing was to support the Israelite Priests and we no longer have a priesthood, Rather than specifying an amount or a percentage, Paul merely suggested that “on the first day of every week, each one . . . should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income.” (1 Corinthians 16:2, NIV) No suggestion of giving until it hurts was ever made. ‘I do not mean for it to be hard on you,’ Paul assured them. Contributions were ‘especially acceptable according to what a person had, not according to what a person did not have.’ (2 Corinthians 8:12, 13; 9:6) In a later letter, the apostle warned: “If anyone does not provide for those . . . who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith.” (1 Timothy 5:8) Paul did not encourage giving that violated this principle

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• CONT: everything that is done from printing costs for our books and magazines, helping our Brothers in other Countries, helping to support and build Kingdom Halls for our use or being built for others is done by voluntary donations, we never pass around a collection plate.The Brothers believed that if it was God's will that Tithing or Collections would not be needed because our hearts would move us to give as needed.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• 10% of any money I get.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 5:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• A tenth plus offerings.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• alway. 10% and then extra as i feel to. I have and I have gone without tithing, but i have found out that my life is far easier, and my finances are better when I do tithe. the 90% always goes farther than the 100%.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 7:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2009