Why the attitude???

My son is 4 years old...soon to be 5. He has been going to developmental kindergarden for 3 months now. Ever since he has been going he has had the nastiest attitude about EVERYTHING. He has always been the sweetest little man I could have ever hoped for, but now everything is a fight with him. From the time he wakes up, to the time he goes to bed. I have tried many different things to defuse his attitude, but nothing seems to work. I dont know if its the age, or the school...I just dont know. Any suggestions would be helpful...any one else with this problem?

MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Asked by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 1:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try to find out if there is a problem at school.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• simply do not tolerate it..My dd is 4 1/2 and when she acts up she looses her bike, the computer, sits in time out, can not play outside....I stick to my word...she use to be a pretty nasty, I am not doing it girl...
    but not so much now..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• sounds like school could be getting him down. talk to the teachers about how his day goes. maybe he has too much structure and needs some down time. maybe he needs more sleep than what he's getting. he's probably just overwhelmed-see how much you can streamline and simplify things for him at home. minimize choices and focus on the positive. for example, instead of asking if he's ready for his bath (which gives him the chance to say no, he doesn't want to), just say "okay, it's bathtime and you get to play with your bath toys now! oh boy!" you get the idea. maybe he just needs some time to adjust to all the new stimuli. In the mean time, cut him some slack and keep positive. don't let him break rules, but let some of the little things go.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009