what do you think of people who ONLY buy their kids clothes at cheap stores? or only hand me downs...?

IM TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD NICE THINGS B4 U START RUNNING OFF ABOUT THIS THE WRONG WAY ...

i see all these posts about where to buy clothes and , people post what they got for what price ... and like for example: at one store u can get lets say 5 outfits for 25-30 bucks ... but instead they wanna go to cheap stores or goodwills and get cheap and used things ...

if u can afford it , just buy them brand new and on sale ... im sorry but it matters alot what my kids wear ... i wear name brand , so my kids do too , if i can afford to buy myself 40$ jeans , my kids can get expensive jeans too ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I kind of agree and kind of don't. I mean my family wears ONLY name brand,and like the OP alot is on sale. Their play clothes aren't expensive. My 3 boys basketball come from Finish Line (4 for $20) and t-shirts from Wal-Mart (5 pack for 8 something I think?) My daughter only likes jeans from this one store,at the most they are 25$ a pair! So i let her buy how ever many she wants. Her shirts, hoodies and shoes however , are all name brand and expensive (unless on sale) ..... I grew up with all name brands and so will my kids. My oldest son is going to college next year , and its paid ... we had the account since we found out i was pregnant. As do my other children.
    Anonymous

• Personally-I live in an area where there are lots of people like yourself who do buy name brand stuff and them donate to the goodwills-where I, in turn, buy very nice clothes for my kids for cheap.

I am frugal and can't afford to really buy name brand clothes at the stores-but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference looking at my kids.

I LOVE getting a good deal. That's how we do it!
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Why does it matter? If they are covered and clean why does it matter? Do fancy clothes make you a better person?

Remember too the kids will out grow their clothes a lot faster than the adult.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Materialistic much? It's not about the clothes your kids wear. I'm sorry you feel that way.

My kids have nice clothes from cheap stores like Walmart and Target. Their play clothes are hand-me-downs or garage sale clothes. My kids aren't dirty NOR do they look dirty.

Glad you can afford to pay out the butt for designer tags, but I'm not willing to do it!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well I think it is pointless to buy brand name clothes for my daughter. She outgrows them way to fast. I can understand when she gets older she is going to want them, but right now it isn't a necessity!  I don't think that materialistic things are an important fact in my life.  I do buy things from thrift stores, and I do get hand me downs.  But I also do go out and purchase items from stores.  I don't think their is any wrong way to go.  If people can afford name brand clothes and don't buy them for their children, I don't see whats wrong with that.  I just see them thinking the way many parents think.. They outgrow them tooo quickly! 

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• This is not a very smart post honey. I'm sorry for saying it. But many people who can afford nice things can afford them BECAUSE they don't waste their money on ALL expensive things. True billionaires and millionaires don't always waste their money on what they can afford. Its called wisdom.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i do buy clothes for them and me at target and walmart ...
    they get play clothes from walmart , we get like 5 outfits 3.50 a piece for seperates
    and i get my tee shirts that i just wear around the house to clean in ...
    Anonymous

• JennRN09--i do donate all of our things , the worst thing thats been wrong w/ anything was my jeans are always frayed at the bottom cuz im too short and forget to roll em up sometimes lol ... but they're not horribly frayed where the strings are miles away lol ... but after reading posts on this site about the type of ladies who buy from goodwill and what they think of us moms who do buy designer i have 2nd thought about donating ... these women who buy from goodwill and salvation army , critisize us bc we want our kids to look good , but yet they're quick to go to goodwill and salvation army to purchase things we donate ...
    Anonymous

• Your kids can look good without brand names. No one sees the tags...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Whats the point of getting expansive name brand baby clothes when babies outgrow them soooooo fast. My son has stuff from Walmart and Target and hand me downs from relatives. If I did have the money to buy designer onsies I sitll wouldn't do it. He grows out of it way too fast. I dont find anything wrong with parents who can afford it buying cheaper clothes..perhaps they are saving that money for something that will be useful long term..hmm, like a college fund?
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009