We are taking a trip to Europe in June and at that point by son will be 20 mos old. I don't think he will be in a toddler bed at that point and I am not sure what kind of bed we can bring with us. I put him in the pack n play just the other day and he is way to big to sleep comfortably. Any ideas?

athena11

Asked by athena11 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Travel

• Why not just sleep in the same bed?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• if you are staying in a hotel then ask about getting a porta crrib in your room some hotels actually have cribs they are alittle smaller then your normal crib but he should fit in it. or let him sleep with you and your husband or in the other bed if its not taken just put pillows around him so he wont fall off.
    Anonymous

• just be forwarned most european hotel rooms are not as spacious as US ones.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would be prepared to put him on the floor. European rooms are not as big as American rooms and some only offer twin sized beds in them. Therefore I would take a sleeping bag and prepare to put him on the floor, you can always use extra blankets to make it softer. I would go ahead and start putting him on the floor for naps so he can get use to it.
    Anonymous

• The hotels I stayed in in Spain are smaller than some US hotel rooms but they were by no means tiny. I even stayed in a hostel that was a decent size. They will often have portable cribs, or you can request a room with 2 beds and let him have one on his own, or request a queen size and squeeze him in with you.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Target and one step ahead sell a toddler cot that folds up well, it is navy blue.
    We have taken them on vacation a lot for our kids. They are close to the floor and they are a little smaller than a normal crib but our son used his until he was at least 4. Our daughter still uses hers. We just bring one of their crib sheets with us and tuck it under the feet to keep it secure.

We tried the inflatable mattresses but if you are a light sleeper they will drive you nuts listening to the plastic squeak every time he rolls over all night.... and if you get a hole in the middle of the night...
    Good luck
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009