"How come non believers take the time to read my questions if it bothers them?"

Wanted to piggy back the other question...But why would others of a different faith bother to read a question in the Religion section of Answers? Seriously. Why bother to respond to the question? What about those questions that are ambiguous to which religion is being queried?
Thoughts....comments.....anyone and everyone welcome.

isabellalecour

Asked by isabellalecour at 1:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was a christian for several years before becoming agnostic/atheist. If I think I can give some insight or an opinion i am going to give it. It's a public forum here so anyone can answer.But it's only my opinion the person asking can take it or leave it or send me a pm as to why I should burn in hell for stating it. Not bothered by any of it or I wouldn't be here.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I agree... I have asked many questions on here that were "pagan spacific" and all had noted that in the title. Yet I would recieve answers like "you're going to hell" and "you shouldn't be allowed to ask these horrid questions." What the hell? If you don't believe in my faith that's fine. And that's your choice! But then you should skip a question that is aimed towards a different religion!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You aren't posting your questions in a manner that would tell anyone that you don't want input from non-Christians. You should find a Christian group to join. This group is open to all people and if you don't want to hear from us, go elsewhere.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I like to read them all because I am still trying to figure out what I believe exactly. I consider myself Agnostic (NOT Atheist), so I am always looking to find what I believe, I'm interested in ALL religions.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't even look at ones that specifically talk about a certain religion in the title.....but some questions are really vague until you click on it and it is explained. If a Christian, for example, is asking other Christians for advise according to their religion, then I don't feel I have any right to interrupt. However, if a Christian is making a post asking a question to anyone, then I will answer.

Certain religions, though, teach that it is the people's obligation to inform others that they are going to hell....so I guess there's nothing we can do about it.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• First of all, I'm not 'bothered' by posts very often. I may not agree, but I'm not bothered. I just find discussion of different faiths and beliefs to be interesting, which is why I look in on this forum. I'm not seeking to convert anyone, I just find it to be an interesting discussion.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• BTW - has it occured to you that non-Christian might be a better term than non-believer? Just because we don't share your beliefs doesn't mean we aren't believers.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The OP isn't Christian, Marwill.....she is quoting a Christian from another thread.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Oh - sorry. I didn't realize that.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• to ask a question of any kind of religion you are open to contradiction, to opposition, to all sorts of answers because they people are all different and mostly everyone thinks that what they are doing is the right thing to do, don't feel sad, mad, bad or obligated in any way!! you asked a question be of good courage to view all sorts of answers!! cause people are people and sometimes a question makes people feel like it was a statement not a question only God is the judge of who goes to hell and the ones that tell someone else that they are going to hell face the judgement of God so those that say you're going to hell need to read the bible over and help people but not judge them to hell it's not your job!!

yoli42

Answer by yoli42 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009