what should i do????

my husband jus turned 21 and we dont drink but now he wants to drink a little but dont want to do it with out me but i am five months pregnant and i know i shouldnt drink what should i do about my problem????:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• let him go have a few beers .... not a big problem .. im 23 my husband is 25 and he goes out with the guys sometimes for beer or they have a couple here at the house you are pregnant so drinking shouldnt even be on your mind
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• He can have a gin & tonic while you have a seltzer water w/lime in it.

Or have a very small glass of wine at his party.

He doesn't want you to endanger the baby, I'm sure, so just raise a glass and have a sip.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You let him drink, and you don't drink. If you must, get some non-alcoholic beer or sparkling grape juice. But don't drink. If your husband loves you and the baby, drinking should be the last thing from his mind.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Hold a wine glass of ginger ale, hard to tell for sure if it's that or beer or wine. You need be comfortable to care for your health while pregnant to be comfortable with what's needed to care for a baby. You don't have to fight about this, just firmly say I'm not drinking. Period end of discussion change the subject or enjoy a conversation with others.
    Anonymous

• my husband turned 21 when i was pregnant to and we just had a small glass or red wine. Dont drink anything else you could hurt your baby, and make sure you only have a small glass i only tasted it i thought it was gross im not a drinker thought i think it all smells and is gross
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My best friend had her 21st birthday while I was about 4 months along. I went out and had a good time without drinking anything but water. I was the Designated driver for everyone, let your hubby get a little tipsy and just be there to party with him and drive him home. Really having a drink at 21, is kind of like a rite of passage...
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• What problem? ... You mean being asked to drink while you're pregnant? Well, remind your husband of the warnings about what alcohol does to a baby - or research it so that you are clear about it. Everyone accepts what a terrible idea it is to risk drinking & driving - drinking while pregnant risks something far worse than a car accident. Your baby's whole life would be affected by birth defects - and so would yours!
    Your husband wanting to drink is also a problem. People who drink more than 2 or 3 times a month get unreliable - they forget things, they have unexplainable reactions & emotions about things.
    To those who dislike this statement: sorry, but I learned this working with MANY bosses & co-workers over 30 years. I am speaking of even "slight" drinkers. Now if my work has been sabotaged by people who drink, I hate to think what it does to children or a spouse whose whole life is at the mercy of a drinker.
    Best wishes!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I found out I was pregnant about a month after me & hubbys 21st...however, we're the oldest of most of the friends our age...so therefore, everyone else is turning 21 in the next year or so. Whatever you do, DONT DRINK! However, let hubby drink. It's one of those rights of passage things, & if he really wants to LET HIM! You dont want him to end up sneaking around to get a buzz, or even lying (both can lead to alcoholism, a damaged relationship, etc). If you dont want him drinking around you, let him know & send him to a bar with his buddies.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2009