what is tubal lygation? or how ever you spell it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've had it done. You get your fallopian tubes cut, tied so that the egg doesn't travel down into your uterus to be fertilized by sperm. I had mine done during my third csec when my third baby was born. It didn't add to my pain. I continued to use other protection as extra security for some time. Are you thinking of having it done?
    Anonymous

• Tubal ligation is the tying of your tubes. They are sometimes cut, a section removed, and the ends cauterized.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• yeah i was thinking about it, my friend had it done but she only had a lil cut by her belly button, i thought maybe i would have a huge cut?
    Anonymous

• but she did it the next day after she gave birth
    Anonymous

• If I am remembering right I had a choice to do mine the same day after giving birth or three weeks later, and the procedure was the same they went in through my belly button filled me up with gas cut my tubes then like saudered them back together.
    I believe no matter when you do it, it is just a small incision in your belly button.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 2:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The tiny cut by her belly button means they did it laproscopically, like mine. The docs went in, cut and cauterized my tubes. She probably also has a tiny scar in her bikini area where they inserted the flashlight so they could see what they were doing.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I had mine done after an emergency C-cection, Did't even have to pay for it. LOL Good thing though because 18 months later I was pg with an ovarian ectopic and almost died.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009