If your child is in Childcare, what made you choose the center?

I don't necessarily mean the interior make up of the center, I more interested in what made you stop at the childcare center your child is enrolled in and decide to go in that building.

Bunsmommy

Asked by Bunsmommy at 1:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you asking because you have one and want more people to stop in or because you are looking for one for your child?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The teachers and staff would be the main reason.
    My kids are not in child care, but if they were, those would be my choices.
    I once lost my sitter (my MIL, long story) so I checked out a before school prgoram b/c my ds was in afternoon kindergarden. When we went to the place, which was highly regarded in our community. Not one teacher said hi to my son and they barely acknowledged we were even there. I decided to move him to a private school instead @ our church where I knew the teachers.
    Anonymous

• The daycare that my childern go to is one that I pass everyday on the to my brother's house. Its called "Le Petite" and i just had an applying outside. The grasses was freashly cut i could see an outside play area for the kids, they also have vans with names on it sitting out front. For all the time i passed it and saw the kids playing they always look happy along with the staff. One day i decided to go inside and see what it was all about and it was wonderful. It was well lit and colored with bright colors to catch the childrens eye. they had different classroom for the student to learn everything fro there letter to Art class. The staff was so friendly and caring with the kids and parent and when i finally took my daughter there to automatically took to the place and loved it. I would say the one the fianlly factor that made me pick this place. make sure not only you love it the child too!!!
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• It is right down the block from where we live and I work. I had heard many amazing things about the place so they went. And they love it. And I love it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 2:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Alot of people around here prefer the home daycare program to the center because of more personal interaction and smaller group size. You can also ask at a child care center if tehy have any home providers available. They would be certified caregivers who have monthly meetings at the Big daycare center usually once a month. They also have insurance and a CPR/First Aid card :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 2:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Gramsmom, I'm director of one and I'm trying to boost my enrollment. Once you come in the center it's perfect it's just getting people to take notice of the building and the property. It's killing me b/c I've driven around and checked at some other centers and they look horrible on the inside and out but people were coming in. I was tempted to pull out my wallet and start handing out cards : )
    Thanks Sunshinestar for the details, greatly appreciated!
    Thanks to the rest of you as well. As someone who has been in the business I usually tell people that if you go in and see the children interacting happily and naturally w/the teacher and she/he is right there w/them not on the other side of the room, or you go in the room and the children are so engaged in an activity that they don't notice you, you've found a pretty good center!
    Bunsmommy

Answer by Bunsmommy at 3:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• However, right now I'm learning that many people only care about how things like the playground looks. So I figured I would come to the largest group of mommies I could make contact w/and ask for opinions. Once again, Thanks!
    Bunsmommy

Answer by Bunsmommy at 3:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2009