mirena and pregnancy

Im on mirena and when i started my period was very normal the same as always nothing changed ecept a few cramps and now this or well last month i was supposed to get my period around the 28 and i still avent got it but i keep feeling cramps from time to time. Now i dont feel pregnant and i did get a tiny little drop on the 28th but that was it and thats what happened when i was pregnant b4 and then i didnt think i was pregnant either so i dont know i have been peeing more latley which is VERY weird for me cuz i onyl pee lik 3 times a day and now its been more so but i dont know if its because of the mirena or what. Has anyone actually got preganant on it iv heard of people who have but i dont know them enough to ask how they new should i take a test? i was thinking of waiting till next month but i feel stupid cuz im on mirena.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Health

• Well, I don't know of anyone who got pregnant on it, but I suppose you could. My SIL has the Mirena (I did too but had complications) and after a couple of months with it in her periods completely stopped. She said she gets just a little pinkish discharge but that's it. Maybe that's what's going on with you...I know that not getting a period anymore can one of the side effects. If' you're concerned with pregnancy, definitely take a test. Are you checking the strings each month after your period to make sure it's still in place? Be doing that too. The Mirena can come dislodged. Good luck...
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would just take a test. who cares what your on? birth control is never one hundred percent.. also that birth control usually makes you stop your periods after the first one or so....
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 2:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I never knew i had to check it ill do that later i guess
    Anonymous

• i would deffinatley take a test. i am one of those who got pregnant on the mirena and ive heard about at least 5 other girls have gotten pregnant in my area who have gotten pregnant from the mirena. im currently pregnant because the mirena didnt work. i dont advise anyone to get the mirena or if you do dont depend on the mirena completely.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 2:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i am using mirena and havent had any trouble been over a year....but take a test! It may have just now stopped your periods too.but i really like mirena and would reccomend it.
    MommaSquishy87

Answer by MommaSquishy87 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2009