Do you like trying new recipes?

Or do you prefer to make the same thing most nights of the week?

I used to be the latter, but now I'm the former. Tomorrow I'm making Vietnamese Chicken Pho (soup) and homemade egg rolls. I've never made either. I've been sitting down at the beginning of the week and picking out 4-5 new recipes (trying to find recipes that use things I regularly have on hand, with maybe a few extra ingredients). I've been cooking like a mad woman, and loving it :~)

epoh

Asked by epoh at 2:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i don't think I have ever made the same thing twice in 50 years!! LOL
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• When I had more time I was a big fan of the former, but now its more the latter. I hope when the kids get older I can get back to some experimenting.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I love to make new things. When I was working, I bought the food, so I was always getting things that were new or exciting to make. Every once in a while, since I'm not working, I buy something new or make something new in lieu of what we ALWAYS have. There are a lot of things my DF, FIL, and kids have never had. My dad used to make new things all the time. I'd love to do that more often for my family. I LOVE foods from different countries too. I've been dying to make Indian food (I have a lovely cookbook), but my DF won't go near it.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 5:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I love, love, love trying new recipes. I love to cook. I use the food network for a lot of ideas. Some of my regular recipes were, at one time, new ones. I like finding the gold mine!
    goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 6:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009