is it possible to have prego smpthoms and get your period?

Ive been sick to the point i throw up or feel like im about to throw up everytime i eat. I took a HPT it came back neg, later that day i had a brownish discharge and spotting. the next day my period came on.I still get sick when i eat or smell certain things. PLEASE HELP>

mmj1983

Asked by mmj1983 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, it's possible. Hormones are at play in the arrival of AF as well. Honestly, I have felt pukier some days when AF is coming than I ever did at that point in my actual pregnancies. I also know, for me at least, that when I was ttc I was very aware of my body and tended to analyze every little symptom as possibly being a pg symptom. I probably felt similar every other month, but wasn't paying as much attention. If you're still worried, you could see your doctor for a blood HCG test, which is more sensitive than a urine tests. But if you got a negative and then AF, you very likely were not pg.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes you can have pregnancy symptoms and still get your period. A lot of the symptoms are very similar so its hard to say if you are pregnant or not based on symptoms a test is the only way to know. I feel nauseous and my breasts get tender and I crave chocolate when my period is due
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 2:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• yes it is. i get a few prego symtpoms right before i start. thats how i know i am lol. i get sick, tender breasts, ect.. but its just my period. i am also TTC and a few times igot myhopes up so now i just assume its my period and hopefully one day it'll be the real thing. good luck to you. hope all works out.

bare121807

Answer by bare121807 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes. I almost always think I am pregnant right before my period.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 2:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• sounds like you need to take a trip to the doctor. that kind of nausea isn't normal or okay. you might have something wrong with you, and if you are TRYING to get pregnant, you owe it to yourself and your baby to make sure you're not really ill.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• YES absolutley, It's happened to me on a few occasions. I hated it, better luck to you though.... you never know.
    SlimsWifey

Answer by SlimsWifey at 3:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• this is your body telling you...you are not pregnant...but your heart wanting so badly to be pregnant, that you hold on tight to those "pregnancy" symptoms. For girls trying to get pregnant...a period is a sad thing...don't create opportunity for disappointment. Don't do that to yourself honey.
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 4:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Pregnancy symptoms and PMS are very similar.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009