OMG!!! funny experience...

So Yesterday was my appointment and i wanted them to check me becuase i have been having alot of discharge and wanted to make sure it was normal..so im undressed and she comes in and says, lets do the group b strep test while we're down there..(Suprisingly, ive never had this test done before and its my 3rd child) so she explains to me how she swaves for the test and i just started Freaking out!! i was BEGGING her not to do the back door part of the test..and she said she Had to becuase thats where the bacteria lives..they were laughing at how bad i was freaking out over being stuck in the back door an 1/8th of an inch....i told them that i think im gonna put on my pants and run out of the room!! and then i said if they couldnt tell i wasnt an anal sex kind of person and they started laughing even more at me..lol..so then i decided to let them finally do the tiny little swave test..lol..then they were Still making fun..CONT

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 2:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• CONT.. of me becuase they had to put the speculum in and she decided to check for dialation saying those 2 were worse than being swaved!.lol...i usually go around the office and get the free pregnancy magazine when im done with my appointments but i was too tramatized from being 'violated' that i forgot to look!!lol..anyone else have a funny experience like this?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Wow !! You are very tolerant - and probably extremely wise - to have a sense of humor about it. I'm pretty un-humorous about being pressed to do something which makes me feel violated. ... I sure hope these are NOT the people who are going to be "supporting" you during labor or delivery.

good luck!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• they werent pressuring me, they wouldnt have done it if i didnt want them too..everything was all jokingly not serious. thats why i decided to share my Funny experience.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• trust me we all have our moments when we are pregnant lol some are just too up tight too admit too it i never did a freak out but once when i was being checked out i kinda let one rip and i felt so bad and the doctor just laughed and made the comment that we had a baby who had a opinion lol it was pretty funny
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 2:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• um, why were they putting the swab in your anus? even 1/8th of an inch? when I had the test done they swabbed *over* the area, but didn't put anything in there. I just don't see how that was necessary.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• omg..you guys are too funny.. All but one of you is taking my funny experience wayy to seriously. i put this on here to give you guys the laugh that i got.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Wow, shows how clueless I was. I didn't even know "that" is where they tested for it. Either I didn't feel it or they just swabbed over me! Now next time I'll be all paranoid! LOL!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009