• In the Spotlight:

Have ur husband ever told u that he didn't married into ur family when you ask him to join ur family reunion?

Al-fatiha

Asked by Al-fatiha at 2:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• When you marry someone, you are part of a larger family as well. My husband's family is my family and my family is now his family. We go to all of the family events together or we don't go at all. I think it's pretty sorry when someone says they aren't going to accept their spouse's family.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• all the time - my DH hasn't attended a family holiday or birthday party since my 3yo was born - but he does not discourage me from going
    Anonymous

• No, never because the truth is he did. I am not going to attend all family functions alone - we are our own family and that is how we attend weddings, reunions, etc. He may not go to a child's party but anything else he is there and me for him.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 2:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• haha yep mine does a lot esp when my mom is involved he really doesn't like my mom. I just try and talk him into it or go on and do my thing with her and he does his. I get tired of arguing about it lol
    sunkiss456

Answer by sunkiss456 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009