Is it ok to feed my 11m old pancakes? I gave him a lil bite of mine and he loved it.

Up until now hes only eaten homemade baby food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as it didnt hurt his little tummy, feed him what ever you want!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My daughter had waffles at about 11 months. I didn't give her syrup or butter or anything. As long as they are cooked well, no raw egg, you should be fine. I stay away from chocolate chip and excess sugar, but that is my choice. She now eats muffins and waffles and pancakes quite frequently and she is 13 months.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• yes, at this age it is fine to start introducing most foods that your child is capable of chewing and swallowing. Keep the bites small and keep the food soft. Avoid gummy foods like grapes and hotdogs unless they are cut up really really tiny and your child has already mastered mashing food with his gums and/or teeth.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think it would be fine. Make the pieces very small. Pancakes scare me... I did CPR on a man that choked on a pancake.. he died! And I guess with pancakes it's hard to pop it out if they choke because they get all gummy. So they have freaked me out ever since!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'd probably try to get him some whole wheat pancakes or something though. Babies tummies are so small so I try to make every bite count nutrition wise :) No sugar added apple sauce is a great topping as an alternative to syrup. My daycare kids LOVE it!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 2:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• As long as he's doing alright with it, sure why not. I would be careful with the syrup though and go light on it.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes at that age they can basically eat whatever we are eating if they are ready for it..just make sure you cut it up in small pieces!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009