when do you start the cereal in the bottle

for a infant who is 3mths old but already takes 5oz formula

char0527

Asked by char0527 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have always read that you shouldn't start it before 6 months of age. However, for us, we started about a 1 tbs. for every 4 oz. when my son was young, maybe 8 weeks old. We did this because he had really bad GERD.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 2:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• you dont ever put cereal in their bottle. YOu need to ask your dr when to start cereal most say between 5 and 6 months.
    then you need to do so with them sitting in a bouncy chair or a high chair and feed them with a spoon.
    Anonymous

• i've always heard you're not supposed to but cereal in bottles, you're supposed to feed it to them on a spoon starting at about 4 months. That's when I started my DD on it.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• save your money on buying cereal. just wait till they are six months and start introducing pured foods. then start mixing the cereal in with the pured foods.

and yes, never add it to a bottle!
    Anonymous

• You should never put cereal in a bottle. Cereal is for when they start solids and for that you use a spoon so they can learn how to eat.
    Anonymous

• I know you are not supposed to put cereal in a bottle, but my DS was over eating to the point he would vomit so at 7 wks we started 1/4 a tea in a 4 oz bottle and then moved it up from there.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 2:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You don't :)
    Anonymous

• Another caution to never add cereal to a bottle. Only give it by spoon.

Answer by Bmat at 3:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Never is the correct answer.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 5:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Never. I don't care much for the infant cereal anyway. When baby is ready, fruits and veggies are the way to go IMO. Banana,avocado... those are good first foods.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009