my 5 year old left on the bus

Ok my girl is 5 and in K and she was riding the bus but one day the bus didn't come by my house to drope her off so I called the school and they tried to call her but then I get a call from somebody I didn't know and they said we have your little girl talk about you heart dropping they told me she was walking down the road and they stopped to see why a 5 year old was on the road. They put her in the car and take her to a girls house they new and Heaven wouldn't talk she was so scared but they did get her last name come to find I work with the ladys friend and they got my # and called me so I happy and mad all at the sametime they came to my house with Heaven and was on the phone with me the when they got to my house..
I got Heaven out and gave her a big hug and did't want to let go.. know I called the school and I was hot let me tell you the bus driver didn't look in the bus the bus driver 3 days sup I'm mad what would y do

sandersmom2girl

Asked by sandersmom2girl at 3:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am so happy she was safe!

How did she get off the bus? I can't believe THREE DAYS for endangering a child???
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The first thing I would do is teach my 5 year old that it is never okay to get into a stranger's car. I know it worked out okay this time, but it could have gone horribly wrong. You should file a complaint with the school about the bus driver. I'm not clear about what happened. Was she on the bus and the driver let her off at the wrong spot, or did she not get on the bus in the first place?
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• How did she get off the bus? Did she get on it at school? Did they just let her off somewhere or something? That just sounds horrible. I can't even imagine! i would be so upset. I mean...wow. If the school doesnt take it seriously enough - I mean, if my SKs were walking on the side of the road there isn't a sidewalk and its a main highway - i might start driving her to and from school. I just cant believe they wouldn't take that more seriously. she could have been kidnapped or hit by a car. anything. that is so scarey!!!

i am so glad she is okay.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• oh my gosh what a terrible thing to happen how scarey for you and your heaven take her to school if you can everyday and then you know she will be safe. but I would let the busdriver know just how terrible you feel and how scared your child was and the danger she was in and let them know that you hope it doesnt happen again they might not get off so lightly next time. and girlfriend give your heaven a big hug for me I have two little grandchildren 8 and 5 and my heart would have dropped if it happend to one of them.and I to am glad she is okay.
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 3:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You poor thing. I am so sorry that you are forced to use a bus system. ... I was very lucky - I was always able to drive my kids to school or carpool with friends. Until they were 12 and old enough to walk or bike to school ... I never judged that the bus-riding experience was good for children - even WITHOUT concerns like what happened to your daughter!
    So we arranged our work around getting children to school and picking them up. This also helped them know that their parents were involved in their daily school experience ...

I hope you are able to create a more nurturing beginning & end for her school day ... Sometimes we parents get a little tap on the shoulder to re-evaluate something for a child. Best wishes!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I didn't tell my Heaven not to get into a car with somebody but she was walking down the road and she was so scared..
    Sorry I ran out of room.. She got on the bus to come home. she always got off the bus at 3:45 and the bus didn't come buy are house. The bus driver went home and didn't look in the bus and she was left on she opend the bus door and got out and walked down the road she said she was trying to get home.. So know I take her to school and go get her.
    we talked to the school and all they did was give this 78 year old lady 3 days and she is driving today.
    sandersmom2girl

Answer by sandersmom2girl at 5:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Wow how scary!! What's even scarier is that your daughter got in a car with a stranger!!! I would explain to her from now on not to do that, but at the same time, she was probably lost huh? HOW SCARY!! Your poor baby, I am glad she is home, I would call your local news station..Seriously!! 3 days is not enough suspension for that! You should have your news do a story to have attention brought to it, maybe they can help get the bus driver in more trouble.
    AlyssaH87

Answer by AlyssaH87 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• OMG, can you go talk to the bus driver directly?? I'd give her a piece of my mind. The angry, mean piece! I know she got her 3 days, but she should be fired for endangering your girl like that. Maybe they need to make her re-take that license test.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2009