Do people who hate go to heaven?

If someone hates gay people or Muslims or Jews or people who aren't Christians like them, can they still go to heaven? Would that mean Hitler is in heaven too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can't get over the amount of hate that is popping up here today.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• imp I don't think they do. people like you are descibing have done their fair share to drive more away from God. I think God is not happy with them.
    Anonymous

• some of them seem to think so. No Hitler will not be in heaven unless he accepted on his death bed. I really don't know if he did or not. And even if he did I don't know that it was enough. But it is not my place to judge anyone. If it were, I guarantee Hitler would not be there.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• That's the kind of question I leave up to God.

There's a difference between "hating" and "putting in an oven to die".

In my opinion, none of us are capable of doing anything to be saved - we are saved by God's grace. And that is not mine to question. Do I think I'll see Hitler in heaven? Nope. But do I think I'll be surprised by some of people I do see? Yup.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• well we all hate someone at some point in our lives. but i think hating an entire group of people is wrong. and for the Christians who hate: in Jesus' time the Jews HATED the Romans for what they had done to them. Jews wanted Jesus to destroy them. hmm Jesus didnt do that. i wonder why? could it be that Jesus taught love not hate...hmm
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• As Christians we are to follow Christ. His example, His teachings... the whole word of God. Jesus said we are to love... even our enemies. We are to love those who hate us.

I may not agree with another persons beliefs, lifestyle, etc... but not agreeing does not mean hating.

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No, if they do not repent and change their ways haters do not go to heaven.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think if you don't bother to live a life showing love and compassion then it doesn't matter if you are Christian or not. Bad Christians can not use the get out of hell free pass just because they say they are Christian. Showing nothing but hate will not get them into heaven. Those types have done plenty to push people away from God.
    Anonymous

• If you are a Christian, you are going to heaven. The one qualification to be a Christian and enter into heaven is to call on God's name and believe in him. To believe in the sacrafice Jesus made on the cross.

Hating is a sin. The Bible says "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." It also says "if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins." You can be a Christian and sin. You can be a Christian and hate. Christians make mistakes. However, if you do not repent from your sins and make an improvement you are not really showing Christian "fruit" ("by their fruit, ye shall know them") are you and one might question your Christianity (and rightfully so).

Being a Christian does not erase your humanity. It does not make you any more or less inteligent once you pray the 'sinners prayer.' Christians can say and do ignorant and stupid things just like everyone else :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Christians aren't supposed to hate anyone. "Love thy neighbor".
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009