• In the Spotlight:

Help! I don't want an induction!

My OB has me scheduled for an induction one week from today unless I go into labor before then! I have tried every natural home remedy (or at least the ones that seemed safe anyhow) for helping to induce labor and nothing is working. Please, if you were in this situation what did you do to help bring on labor that actually seemed to work? I am dilated to 2 cm and 50% effaced, but have been stuck at this point for a week now with no progress!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My sister is also scheduled for an induction next week. They told her to get down on her hands and knees. This helps the baby drop into position. Also, if you still don't give birth by your induction day then speak up. Tell your doctor your wishes. Do some research about being induced vs. the baby coming on its on naturally. It's best to use good resources though to be well informed, don't base your opinion on what someone else believes but rather on the statistics and facts. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• maybe its best that u get started if your sitting at that...some people wont go any futher then 2 with out a little help its really not that bad i was started they just give u med in ur iv or put this little thing in you it dont hurt
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• How far along are you and is there a medical reason for the induction? Just remember that normal human gestation is 38-42 weeks and if you don't want an induction: it is still your body you have the right to refuse anything. (I'm assuming that since its a planned induction in a weeks time that its not a medically necessary one)
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would tell my OB to fuck off. They can NOT induce you against your will. You are NOT overdue until past 42 weeks and sometimes babies just are not ready to go by the due date, it's completely normal!

Walking, and sex, are the only things that *may* help things along safely.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I can understand not being induced, but if your not comfortable telling your doctor no, then you can massage on some of the pressure points that are knows to send you into labor. You can either google them or send me a message and i'll talk to you a little about them.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 4:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009