How can I progress naturally?

Im being induced in a week and am really nervous about it. I'd rather try to get labor started naturally before then. I lost a huge "blob" of my mucus plug 2 days ago and yesterday lost some more, however, it wasn't blood streaked. I've tried lots of walking...spicy food and even these cookies that are supposed to help start labor. My DH massages my feet almost every night hoping that the pressure points we heard about will help. Still, nothing has helped. On Monday I was barely 1 cm dialated and I think they said 50% effaced. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can get the ball rolling? Oh, I'm almost 39 weeks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sex and walking that would be it that is natural
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• walking, fresh pineapple, sex....
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 3:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Why are they inducing so early? The things you and the others have stated are really the only "natural" things that are safe to do.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Enjoy the article "Ecstatic Birth: Nature's Hormonal Blueprint for Labour" by Dr. Sarah Buckley. It will give you info, answers and confidence.

Blessings!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009