how do you let go and let someone baby sit?

ok my daughters god mom wants to baby sit for my bday , bc my bf wants to take me out to a nice dinner and to a club to dance a bit ... well her god mom is old enough , in her 20's , has baby sat b4 (she takes care of her bf's son all the time) ... and she txt'd me and told me "im babysitting for ur bday no if's and's or buts about it!" lol she said shell steal her if i say no lol ... shes a nut , i love her , (shes jokin for those of u who cant take jokes) ... but for some reason i cannot let go ,...idk i let my bf's aunt baby sit b4 ... what the hells the difference now?! lol

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Someone's begging to babysit and you get free time away from the kids? Wth, go! You'll be mad when no one's there to babysit in the future. Everyone I know, including me never has babysitters and all we do is complain about it. If she is trustworthy and good with kids and knows emergency proceedures, go have fun my gosh!
    Anonymous

• It is hard to let go but you really need to. She'll be fine, you're a phone call away, and it's not like she'e a 13 year old first time sitter.

GO! And have a happy birthday. A few hours away will be good for both of you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• lol thanks ... i know shes good w/ kids , she used to watch my son alot ... and shes a smart grl shes knows alot about kids even though she has none ... ok im gunna do it! lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 4:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• no easy anwer for that one except them do it. Yes, you will worry but it is good for the child and for mom.
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 4:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Girl give her the baby and go out and enjoy yourself. It will be well worth it. I'm sure the baby will be okay.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009