• In the Spotlight:

A few questions on Pans

I'm pretty sure my current frying pan has bit the dust. it got bent when I whacked my fiance for being an A-hole, and a year later it seems the grip is falling of so I can't turn it sideways and pour things out of it.

how long does the average frying pan last? and what would be the best new pan for me to buy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• okay, I totally love the fact that you actually smacked him with a pan :) That made me giggle! Aside from that, I have a 10" Farberware skillet and a Chefmate (Target brand) non stick 12" skillet....both very durable and great for cooking! I haven't had to whack hubby yet, but I'm sure they'd hold up to it, LOL
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• IMO, everyone should have a good non-stick pan plus a cast iron pan.

10" is fine unless you're cooking for an army!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• buy a good dent resistant kind that holds up with whacking. I have Wolfgang Puck pans (heavy and great for whacking, just remove the glass lid so you don't cut yourself if it breaks). I also have several cast iron skillets and a cast iron dutch oven. (now THAT will get his attention getting whacked with that bad boy! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 7:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• hahaha
    Anonymous

• A good quality nonstick frying pan with a lid. I would say 10-12 inches. One with some weight to it. If it is oven safe that would be good too. Also, have a cast iron skillet, all the better to smack the SO with, and it won't bent!! LOL

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009