my daughter has had a temp for almost 4 days now of 99.8 to 102 off and on,she is 7 months old and isnt wanted to eat any baby food, or drink her milk.

she has a really bad runny nose, and coughing bad and sneezing. last night was up from 12-4 screaming and crying, i went to the doctors yesterday and they said maybe stomach vurus??? i thought they has to be pooping a lot to have that she has 2 bm in 3 days!!!! she is very fussy..i gave her tylenol n doesnt seem to help!!

kaydencemommy

Asked by kaydencemommy at 3:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take her to the hospital, she's gotta eat. I might even take her to another doctor for a second opinion. keep your head clear and try not to stress out too much. You have natural instincts and should listen to them. Do not rely on your dr alone. If you feel like something is wrong get it checked out. I am sure that you are a great mom and the decisions you make will be the best ones. THe humidifier sounds like a good idea, that may help her feel better.
    YoungandExcited

Answer by YoungandExcited at 3:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well ur doctor doesn't seem very worried..do you have a humidifier?? if not put bring her in the bathroom and turn the shower on and stay in there so the steam can kinda loosen up everything...also try baby vix rub...If that doesn't work...I would take her to the emergence room tonight...because RSV is going around really bad...my daughter just got over it..
    hopefully ur daughter gets better!!!
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• 99.8 isn't a fever. When it hits over 102, give her some Tylenol for the fever, but other than that just for discomfort.

A stomach virus doesn't have to involve diarrhea. It can just be an upset stomach. However, based on what you wrote, if she has that much congestion/mucous, her tummy is probably full from that! She doesn't have room for anything else (and I'm leery about her being on milk already at 7 months but..that's not the issue)

Elevate the head of her bed. (we put a towel under the mattress.)
    Take her into the bathroom and turn it into a sauna. Suction with a "snot sucker".
    Saline nasal drops and suction as you can.
    Run a humidifier in her room. Cool mist or steam, which ever one works better for her to keep things loosened up.

Forget the baby food and concentrate on breast milk or formula (which ever you're using).
    Give her some Tylenol when her temp gets too high, or if she seems uncomfortable.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well if your stomach is upset do you like dairy products or food? Keep her as comfortable as possible and make sure that she isn't getting dehydrated. At that age you can try some water or tea if she wont accept formula.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009