How do i fix this?

I am 100 lbs. overweight. I am always tired. I have no motivation to do anything. I have a 1 1/2 year old that i mostly ignore because i don't want to get up off the couch. I am depressed about my weight. I always feel so ugly and disgusting. I wish i could go running everyday and be happy and healthy but i am so overweight and out of shape that i can barley walk up a flight of stairs without being winded. I just don't know what to do to motivate myself and make myself feel better. My sink is stacked full of dishes. My house is a mess. My laundry hasn't been folded in a week. What do i do? I'm slacking off in school. What do i do to find that motivation i need?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Health

• do you want to be around when your kid is older? to see your child grow and become an amazing person? i was over weight, and i one day looked at my child and said i need to do something so that i can be here, when she graduates highschool, gets her first boyfriend, goes to college, gets married, has kids and all that fun stuff, and so far i have lost 20 pounds, its working. i weigh 170 though and want to get down to 120...so but thats what did it for me.
    Anonymous

• You poor thing. I would get the depression under control first. Is going to speak to a counselor and option for you? Sorting through your emotions and finding a way to feel good about yourself and take charge of your life and your health will get you started. You owe it to your child (and yourself of course) to be happy and healthy and to take good care of yourself. As far as exercise and weight loss goes, you will just have to start small. Even if it only means 5 or 10 minutes of activity a day at first. Make a chart and keep track of your progress. Take your little one out for a quick stroll around the neighborhood. Go at your own pace and just get some sunshine and fresh air. Sunshine does wonders for your mood. Do you have a friend that would be willing to hold you accountable? That can help a LOT! To check up on you to see how you are doing with your exercise goals? Best of luck to you..
    Anonymous

• First of all get a physical. It could well be thyroid, or diabetes, or some hormones out of whack and making you feel like this. Get a blood workup. You can also rule out allergies or viruses causing your tiredness.
    Let's suppose your physical is OK. Then let's get you moving. Walk to the end of the block or around the house. If it is too hard to do it more than once, then do it once. Do this for a couple days and then up it to twice around, or once or twice two times a day. Then after a few days, walk for 15 minutes. Keep it up every day. If it is raining out, use an umbrella, or walk around the inside or your house or do a few minutes of an exercise show on the TV, or get an exercise DVD from the library.

Answer by Bmat at 3:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You ignore your baby because you don't want to get off the couch? You got bigger problems. Have someone come in and help you clean and take of your baby. Start eating better, exercise, go to a doctor.
    Anonymous

• i go to school for personal fitness training. Im willing to help u out 4 free. u need to email me. working out will help the depression. the fact that u need motivation is a normal problem with lots of people. once u start working out u will feel emotionally better and believe it or not u have more energy. there are many techniques to find motivation. stop by my page drop me a line if u want my help. i totally understand how hard weight can bring soooo many problems. if u r serious about trying to better urself for u and ur precious child let me know. Ive been there and done that.
    sweetpea8

Answer by sweetpea8 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009